Wednesday, November 27, 2013

HERO PROFILE #17: The Black Rat


Operates out of
: Sydney, Australia

Inspiration: "I first began thinking of being a RLSH after seeing the HBO documentary Superheroes."

Activities: "I use my RLSH alter ego to make sure broken street lighting in my area in a timely manner and that zebra crossings (crosswalks) and other street markings are maintained by the roads authority. (I do this) by highlighting these issues in the local media and by organizing local residents to report problems to me via social media."

Black Rat also does safety patrols on the streets of Sydney.

"I do these plain clothes so as not to scare people or have idiots try to fight me." He adds he is well trained in martial arts.

Future plans: "I hope to use the Black Rat as a platform to speak on issues such as law reform, drug and alcohol policy, and to send an anti-bullying message. As Gandhi said, 'be the change you want in the world."

Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Black-Rat-RLSH/173343772828711

---------
HEROES IN THE NIGHT, available  at IPG///BARNES & NOBLE///AMAZON///POWELL'S///INDIEBOUND///iTUNES///MICROCOSM
Add us on:
GOODREADS///FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment