Thursday, August 8, 2013

HERO PROFILE #8: Moon


Operates out of
: Chicago, soon San Francisco

Comic book inspiration: Moon Knight

Activities: Hands out supplies to homeless, volunteers at animal shelters and children's hospitals, patrols

On patrolling: "My reason for going out on the street to keep an eye out is mainly because I feel that there are a lot of people who get away with pretty nasty things and are never held accountable for it. I want to change that. I am more of a outreach and charity hero, but I did patrol often up until the Dark Knight movie shooting in Colorado. After that I felt that my community would just keep calling police and fear a guy walking around dressed up like me. After talking with a police commander friend of mine, I decided to stop 'patrolling' until I get to San Francisco, where I can learn some new tactics from local heroes there as well as patrol with them."

Author's notes: Moon will be one of the panelists (along with the Watchman, Blackbird, Geist, Electron, and Crimson Catalyst) I'll have at Wizard World Comic Con today for my panel "Meet the Real Life Superheroes!" It's at 5PM, Room 42. If you're at the Con, hope to see you there.
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/170287153155711/


---------
HEROES IN THE NIGHT, available for pre-order at IPG///BARNES & NOBLE///AMAZON///POWELL'S///INDIEBOUND
GOODREADS///FACEBOOK
Book available OCTOBER 1, 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment